28 cards with exquisite watercolour paintings in the style of an 18th-century naturalist’s notebook.
Each card describes a characteristic of a plant, animal or insect, and in this way names a strength or skill that we humans can use to build resilience and capacity. Each card features a key phrase, such as
‘Choosing Wisely’, ‘Changing Direction’, ‘Having Heart’,
‘Letting Go’, and ‘Holding on’. Imagine if we applied these qualities even more in our own lives! What would change? What would we be able to achieve? These are great conversations to have with adolescents and adults.
A truly inspiring resource for teachers, trainers, environmental educators, life coaches, mentors, therapists, artists, writers … and anyone who wants to build life skills.
- Which cards reflect strengths I have right now?
- Which cards reflect the strengths of my team, class or organisation?
- Choose two cards that you think are opposites. Which behaviour is easier or more challenging to you? Why?
- Pick a card and research this animal or plant. What other behaviours does it have? Would you like to emulate any of these in your own life?
- Choose two cards that name strengths you could use in your life right now.
- What is the first step in practising these strengths?
- Pick a card and discuss how you apply the strength you see in this plant, animal or insect.
- Choose a creature or plant that is not in this card set and create your own card. What is a characteristic behaviour of your subject? In what ways can you do this too?
See the booklet for classroom and other activities.
28 laminated, full-colour cards, 130 x 190mm, polypropylene box, 60-page booklet.